CTree Error 14 opening ~\Dimension50ProjData.ctr
Error Code Explanation:
File appears corrupt at open. This occurs if a file is updated and the disk protocol is set at NOTFORCE and CloseIFile() is not executed.
Files have been updated but not properly closed; they were not processed by automatic recovery so they are in an unknown (inconsistent) state.
If eTakeoff Dimension is acting improperly, it could be due to the fact that the database files, Dimension50ProjData.ctr & Dimension50StdsData.ctr, have become corrupt.
To clean the files up, perform the steps below.
- Open Dimension and detmine the location of the Database folder
- Ribbon Bar: Click on File / Help / About the Application
- Classic Toolbar: Click on Help / About Application
- If this is a Client Server Environment:
- Make sure all users exit out of Dimension
- Stop the ctsrvr.exe process by doing the following:
- 1. Navigate to the C:\Faircom\eTkoServer folder on the server.
- 2. Double click on the ctstop.exe file.
- 3. Administrator User ID : ADMIN
- Administrator Password: ADMIN (is the default)
- Server Name: ETKOSRVR
- Click on the link below to download the CTree utility program, ctscmp.exe to the database folder.
- Download ctscmp.exe
- Make a copy of the database files, Dimension50ProjData.ctr & Dimension50StdsData.ctr
- Run the command shell, "cmd"
- Navigate to the Database folder
- Run the utility on both database files
- ctscmp.exe Dimension50ProjData.ctr
- ctscmp.exe Dimension50StdsData.ctr
- If this is a Client Server Environment, restart the client/server, C:\Faircom\eTkoServer\ctsrvr.exe
On a regular basis, we recommend the following:
- Advise all users to exit out of eTakeoff Dimension before leaving for the evening. That way, if the server shuts down unexpectedly (like a power outage), the database files won't be open and will be less likely to get corrupted.
- When the server is shut down improperly, re-index the database files by following the instructions in this article even if the data is not acting properly.