Clean up Corrupt Bridge Database file
If eTakeoff Bridge is acting improperly, it could be due to the fact that the database file, eTakeoffBridge.[##]Data.ctr (where [##] represents the version number) has become corrupt.
To clean the file up, perform the steps below.
- Open Bridge and determine the location of the Database folder
- Click on File / Help / About the application
- If this is a Client Server Environment:
- Make sure all users exit out of Bridge
- Stop the ctsrvr.exe process by doing the following:
- 1. Navigate to the C:\Faircom\eTkoServer folder on the server.
- 2. Right-click on the ctstop.exe file and select "Run as Administrator".
- 3. Administrator User ID : ADMIN
- Administrator Password: ADMIN (is the default)
- Server Name: ETKOSRVR
- Download ctscmp.exe
- Make a copy of the database file, eTakeoffBridge.[##]Data.ctr
- Click on the computer's Start button/Run
- Type in "cmd" to run the command shell
- Navigate to the Database folder
- Run the utility on the database file
- ctscmp.exe eTakeoffBridge.[##]Data.ctr
- If this is a Client Server Environment, restart the client/server, C:\Faircom\eTkoServer\ctsrvr.exe