Clean up Corrupt Dimension Database files
If eTakeoff Dimension is acting improperly, it could be due to the fact that the database files, Dimension50ProjData.ctr & Dimension50StdsData.ctr, have become corrupt.
To clean the files up, perform the steps below.
- Open Dimension on a user's computer and determine the location of the Database folder
- Ribbon Bar: Click on File / Help / About the Application
- Classic Toolbar: Click on Help / About Application
- If this is a Client Server Environment:
- Make sure all users exit out of Dimension
- Stop the ctsrvr.exe process by doing the following:
- 1. Navigate to the C:\Faircom\eTkoServer folder on the server.
- 2. Double click on the ctstop.exe file.
- 3. Administrator User ID : ADMIN
- Administrator Password: ADMIN (is the default)
- Server Name: ETKOSRVR
- Click on the link below to download the CTree utility program, ctscmp.exe to the database folder.
- Download ctscmp.exe
- Make a copy of the database files, Dimension50ProjData.ctr & Dimension50StdsData.ctr
- Run the command shell, "cmd"
- Navigate to the Database folder
- Run the utility on both database files
- ctscmp.exe Dimension50ProjData.ctr
- ctscmp.exe Dimension50StdsData.ctr
- If this is a Client Server Environment, restart the client/server, C:\Faircom\eTkoServer\ctsrvr.exe
On a regular basis, we recommend the following:
- Advise all users to exit out of eTakeoff Dimension before leaving for the evening. That way, if the server shuts down unexpectedly (like a power outage), the database files won't be open and will be less likely to get corrupted.
- When the server is shut down improperly, re-index the database files by following the instructions in this article even if the data is not acting properly.