Clean up Corrupt Database files
If eTakeoff Dimension is acting improperly, it could be due to the fact that the database files, Dimension50ProjData.ctr & Dimension50StdsData.ctr, have become corrupt.
To clean the files up, perform the steps below.
- Open Dimension and detmine the location of the Database folder
- Ribbon Bar: Click on File / Help / About the Application
- Classic Toolbar: Click on Help / About Application
- Make sure everyone is out of Dimension if this is a Client Server Environment
- Copy the CTree utility “C:\Program Files (x86)\eTakeoff\RView\ctscmp.exe” to the database folder
- Make a copy of the database files, Dimension50ProjData.ctr & Dimension50StdsData.ctr
- Run the command shell, "cmd"
- Navigate to the Database folder
- Run the utility on both database files
- ctscmp.exe Dimension50ProjData.ctr
- ctscmp.exe Dimension50StdsData.ctr