eTakeoff provides an example database of Traces giving you the tools to modify and/or add to the database. Most of the examples are in Imperial. You can, however, create your own custom traces and extensions (which are calculations you can assign to a trace).
Click on the link below to learn about creating custom traces.
Please click on the links below for videos and documentation on Extensions.
There is a file attached with few example traces that have metric traces and extensions in them which you can use to copy and modify traces and extensions.
Follow the steps below to upload the Metric Traces into your eTakeoff database.
1. Download the attached file to your eTakeoff project folder.
2. Open eTakeoff.
3. Click on Settings/Import Standards (Ribbonbar) or Options/Import Standards (Classic Toolbar).
4. Navigate to the eTakeoff Projects folder, select the downloaded file and press the Open button.
5. Click on the "Standard Database" folder to select the Traces with their Extensions.
(MAKE SURE ALL FOLDERS HAVE A CHECK MARK ON THEM.)
6. Click on the "Import" button.
You should now have the “Metric” folder in your trace tree containing 4 metric traces including “Metric Wall Area with Height Entered”.